The contest is now closed. Meet the winners!
At Norton, we’re just as much a fan of bacon as the next guy or gal. What better way to promote the latest launch of Norton Online Backup than through a contest for just about everyone’s favorite food?!
So, here’s how it works.
1) You tell us your data-loss horror stories – like that time you actually lost your Macbook to a pack of rabid squirrels – and how you either used online backup or wish you had. (Everyone who enters gets a free trial subscription to Norton Online Backup)
2) We review your submissions, maybe laugh at your foolishness or cry at your misfortune. Then we pick our favorites to be featured each week. For your entry to be featured, you must include either a photo, a link to a video or an awesome cartoon depicting what went down (but it’s not a requirement to enter the contest drawing).
3) We promise not to cheat while randomly choosing 12 grand prize winners, split between two drawings — first in January and then in March. The luckiest of the lucky will receive a one year delicious gourmet bacon-of-the-month club subscription (or, for our vegetarian friends, the cash equivalent). They’ll also get bacon soap, bacon dental floss, bacon lip balm, bacon mints and, of course, a one year free subscription to Norton Online Backup 25GB.
4) What are you waiting for? Get shakin’ and get your dang bacon!
save your bacon (English, colloquial phrase)
1. [Slang] to save your life or provide rescue from a desperate and dire situation. “When your computer is ravaged and destroyed, Norton Online Backup will save your bacon.”
2. [Literal] to hoard the delectable pork product used primarily at breakfast but perfectly enjoyable at anytime. “Don’t bother to save your bacon, submit a story to Norton and win a year’s supply.”