THE SAVE YOUR BACON WITH NORTON CONTEST
CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING GUAM, PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) WHO ARE THE AGE OF 18 OR OLDER. CONTEST SHALL BE CONSTRUCTED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CALIFORNIA LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The Save Your Bacon Norton Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Symantec Corporation (the “Sponsor”), 350 Ellis Street, Mountain View, California, 94043, U.S.A. The Contest begins on December 9, 2009 and ends on February 28, 2010 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
This Contest is open to persons who are legal residents of one of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions). Entrants must have reached 18 years of age at the time of entering the Contest in order to participate. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter, participate in, or win the Contest: (a) persons who on or after December 9, 2009 were or are officers, directors or employees of Symantec Corporation, Fine Design Group, or any of their respective parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, or service agencies, or independent contractors of any of the above organizations; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively with Sponsor, Fine Design Group, and the entities specified in (a) above, the “Promotion Entities”); and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse or biological or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son and each of their respective spouses) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and/or individuals who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. Any questions and/or issues concerning eligibility shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
You can enter the Contest by going to www.nortonsavedmybacon.com (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period; clicking on the “Submit Your Own Story” link; completing the online submission form as directed; providing your data-loss story; at your option providing a link to a picture, video or cartoon illustrating your data-loss story; and pressing the submit button. All entries must be received by February 28, 2010.
Enter as often as you wish during the Contest; however, each entry must meet the requirements below and must be submitted separately.
4. STORY SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Your data-loss story and optional picture, video or cartoon (collectively, “Your Story Submission”) must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified.
• Your Story Submission must not incorporate music that is not wholly owned and created by you.
• Your Story Submission must be in English.
• Your Story Submission must not violate third-party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark, and right of publicity. Do not show any third-party trademarks, company names or logos.
• Your Story Submission must be original, unpublished, your sole property, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
• Your Story Submission must not include unsuitable content or depict or incorporate: unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity; disparagement of any product or person; or other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate content.
• You must have written permission from any identifiable person, who appears in, is heard in, has allowed the use of his/her name, likeness/voice in, or who has made a contribution in any video submitted by you as part of Your Story Submission (“Video Subjects”). Video Subjects must pass along all rights for usage to Sponsor. You must have each Video Subject sign the “Video Subject Release” form, found at the bottom of these Official Rules, and provide such release to Sponsor as requested. Video Subjects must be 18 years or older or if a Video Subject is a minor, Video Subject’s parent or legal guardian must sign the Video Subject Release.
• By submitting Your Story Submission you agree that Your Story Submission becomes the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor has the unrestricted right to use Your Story Submission in whole or in part (including any picture, video or cartoon provided by you as part of Your Story Submission), commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish and display Your Story Submission for advertising and publicity, and to edit and make derivative works, all without additional review or compensation. Additionally you agree that Sponsor may post Your Story Submission (including your name) on its website(s) and/or its Web pages on third-party sites.
• To submit Your Story Submission, you must read and agree to these Official Rules.
• As a condition of participation in the Contest, you agree that if, in the event your likeness, including performance, voice and image in any form, as incorporated in Your Story Submission, in whole or in part, are used in any advertising such that the use is subject to the SAG Commercials Contract, you agree to sign such standard contract and accept the minimum amount of compensation due pursuant to the SAG Commercial Contract.
5. WINNER SELECTION
On January 18, 2010, six (6) grand prize winners will be selected by Sponsor by random drawing conducted from among all eligible entries received by January 15, 2010 (the “First Drawing Period”). On March 1, 2010, six (6) additional grand prize winners will be selected by Sponsor by random drawing conducted from among all eligible entries received from January 16, 2010 through February 28, 2010 (the “Second Drawing Period”). The odds of winning any prize in the Contest depends on the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. Potential winners will be notified by email. Potential winners will be required to sign and return affidavits of compliance and eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release within 14 days of notification, or the winner’s prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If the number of valid prize claims received for any prize is greater than the number to be awarded under the Contest as set forth above, all eligible claims for such prize will be combined in a random drawing to award the number of such prize as set forth above.
Sponsor may require a winner to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to participate in the Contest. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address
6. POSTING OF YOUR STORY SUBMISSION ONLINE
If you provide a picture, video or cartoon with Your Story Submission, Sponsor may elect, in its sole and absolute discretion, to post Your Story Submission in a “Featured Stories” gallery on the Contest Website. Providing a picture, video or cartoon with Your Story Submission does not guarantee that Your Story Submission will be posted as a Featured Story. Selection of Your Story Submission as a Featured Story does not mean that Your Story Submission is a winning entry in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to prescreen, monitor and remove any Featured Stories from the Contest Website, at any time, all at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. PRIZES / APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE
A total of twelve (12) grand prize packages will be awarded through the contest. Each grand prize package contains the following:
Item Estimated Retail Value
1 Year Gourmet Bacon-of-the-Month Club Subscription $315.00
Bacon flavored mints $1.89
Bacon flavored dental floss $6.12
Bacon scented soap $5.95
Bacon lip balm $2.95
Norton Online Backup 25GB 1 Year Subscription $49.99
Grand Prize Package Estimated Retail Value $381.90
The estimated retail value of all of the prizes to be awarded under the contest is $4,582.80. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except:
i. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion; and
ii. If winner is a vegetarian, winner may elect to receive the cash equivalent for the Grand Prize Package.
Taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the winner’s sole responsibility. All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Each winner will be required to sign and return affidavits of compliance and eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”) within 15 days of notification, or the winner’s prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Winner shall be solely responsible for any required federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, sales tax, surcharges, service charges, delivery, processing and handling fees, and all other costs incurred in claiming the prize. If any prize notification email, letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Confirmation of prize winner is subject to Sponsor’s verification of the Prize Claim Documents.
AS AN ENTRANT IN THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT THE PROMOTION ENTITIES (A) SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR FROM YOUR ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, POSSESSION AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S), AND (B) HAVE NOT MADE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZE(S), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO SUCH PRIZE’S QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to your computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Contest Website or participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, intercepted, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated for Force Majeure before the designated end date, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect Video Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
This Contest is governed under the laws of the State of California. Except where prohibited, in the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules and/or this Contest, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of California and that it shall be resolved within and by the federal or state courts located in Santa Clara County, California, USA.
Check the Contest Website after March 1, 2010, to find out who won.